Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fullerton Jazz Combo

I don't know why people don't know what a jazz combo is when I tell them I'm in one. Is it that when people hear "jazz" they think jazz dance? Or is it the word "combo" that throws people off? I hope it's that one because jazz is the music that was born in the U.S. and it would be pretty sad if people didn't know what it was; just a sign of the cultural intelligence of people these days, i guess. Recently I've told several people (maybe 5 or 6), when they ask me what I'm doing in school, that one of my classes is a jazz combo, and they (every time) look at me kind of confused and say, "So, what do you ... what's that?" I'm thinking..."Really?!" It's a group that plays jazz people!

So anyway, today we have our first performance of the semester. We're playing at Fullerton in front of the Library I think. I just know I have to show up there around 10:30 and we perform at 11. It should be lots of fun, if I can just get over my nerves.

3 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

Why are we always out of town for the cool stuff? Seriously?!

Paige said...

aww, i know what you're talking about, honey.

Unknown said...

You mean it's not a singing/dance class?? Cuz I was totally getting a mental picture of a bunch of guys dancing and singing...