Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Blood

So I went to the Red Cross donation center in Fullerton to give blood.  They call me every 2 months to get in there and I haven't been in for a while because I was busy with my finals the last time they tried to get me to come in.  This time when I got there, they asked if I could donate plasma and platelets instead.  I said I would (you get to watch a movie on your own personal tv while you donate) and they checked me in an got me going.  I got about halfway through Superman Returns when they told me I was almost done and asked if I was feeling okay.  My lips were kind of tingly and my fingers were cold, so they gave me TUMS to replenish my blood calcium levels.  When I was finished, the nurse was looking at a sample of my plasma/platelets in a plastic pouch.  She asked me if I take vitamins every day. I don't. She asked if I'm a runner. I'm not (I always walk fast, but I don't run often). She asked if I exercise a lot.  I don't really.  She said she was asking because my plasma was really healthy.  It just looked like yellowish liquid to me, but it made me happy inside to know that I have healthy blood. YAY! :-)

0 comments: